There is a lot of work to do, which holds me from writing blog posts. That’s a pity, because there have been some topics worth writing about.
At least I want to post a short overview of jobs I did or I’m currently working on so that visitors of this site are able to get an impression of my skills:
BlackBerry 10 App with HTML5
I just finished an app for BlackBerry 10 devices, developed with BlackBerry WebWorks, which is basically HTML5 + Apache Cordova (Phonegap) + BlackBerry APIs.
The app is a tool for technical personell in the field and has all bells and whistles including:
- An UI looking very, very similar to a native BlackBerry 10 app.
- Retrieving data updates via push notifications automatically in the background. Even when the app does not run actively (for example, new tickets are created in Notes and pushed to the app without any user interaction).
- Synchronizing data from and to Domino databases.
- Making photos and uploading them to Notes documents.
- Calling webservices including a queue where webservice calls are stored when the network is bad.
- Full offline capabilities.
Various iOS apps with DominoToGo and Appcelerator Titanium
As usual, I worked on several iOS apps using the DominoToGo framework. DominoToGo continues to be a very reliable, fast and easy to use toolkit for synchronizing Domino data to a mobile app. I’m not aware of any other tool having all the capabilities and the performance of DominoToGo.
Various IBM Notes development work
There are customers out there having a proven and reliable IBM Notes and Domino infrastructure with several applications which need maintenance and extensions. And I’m happy that I can work for some of these customers.
XPages Web development
I did only some XPages devleopment in the last months, but I have some new projects in sight and I still enjoy working with XPages, especially when I’m allowed to use Bootstrap and jQuery.
Appcelerator Titanium Training
I’m helping companies learning Appcelerator Titanium so that they can develop iOS and Android apps themselves.
So, you see, there is no time to be bored 🙂