One cause for XPage error “The form does not contain an input: $$viewid”

I got an interesting error today: “The form does not contain an input: $$viewid” after clicking a button which does a partial update. To be exact: the partial update worked once, but on a second click that error occurred:

screenie

Fore sure, the hidden input field $$viewid was present in the HTML. I found the cause after removing code block after code block in the XPage and it’s custom controls: a simple table tag was not closed.

I cannot explain why a missing HTML tag can cause this kind of error… but don’t see the point in investigating further since I’d like to move forward with my business logic instead of chasing weird errors.

So, if you ever get this error: check your HTML carefully.

 


Comments are closed.