Here are some more small goodies of 8.5.1 that I like:
- DOAS has been optimized, which leads to much less network traffic (example: a client wants to replicate an attachment from local to server, but the server has that file already in the DAOS repository, it will not replicate again).
- As many other bloggers aid, the Designer is way better than in 8.5.0. Faster, and much more features work as expected.
- The new LotusScript editor - finally. And it is a good one!
- XPages were very good in 8.5.0, but they are even better in 8.5.1. Faster, less bugs, more features.
- Bugs fixed and improvements in Composite Applications, I believe I will start again using them for our products.
- Many small but notable improvements in the UI. End users will like 8.5.1.
As many other bloggers including myself said before: 8.5.1 is the client I waited for. Having said that 8.5.1 is so good, I'm really curious what Notes 9 will bring... where is potential for huge new features?
I have some knowledge about some areas where Notes will be further improved, but I don't have the big picture yet.
But today that's not important for me. I'm happy when 8.5.1 ships, and we will update all our customers to 8.5.1 as soon as possible.